Anti aging, antioxidants, Vitamins and Minerals

Which Anti Aging Supplements Should You Take?

There is no way that we can stop the clock from ticking. However, there are some ways on how we can prevent exaggerated aging, or at least slow it down. Certain vitamins contain anti-aging qualities that can help improve your appearance and your health as well. But before you run to your local pharmacy and get twenty bottles of anti aging supplements, it’s very important for you to know which vitamins your body is not getting enough of.

Do you know which vitamin you are deficient in? You can schedule an appointment with your doctor to find out. Keep in mind that your nutritional needs change as you age. While overall caloric needs are reduced with age, your requirements for individual micronutrients should not be decreased.

Here are some of the most important supplements you can take to fight signs of aging:

Calcium

99% of total body calcium is found in our bones and teeth and the remaining 1% is in our blood and soft tissues. If you are calcium-deficient, your body will demineralize the bones so it can maintain healthy blood levels of calcium within a narrow range. This is extremely important for normal physiological function. Calcium deficiency can lead to osteoporosis, bone fracture and bone fragility.

To minimize or prevent these effects, older men and postmenopausal women need to take 1,200 mg of calcium per day. If you are going to take calcium supplements, experts recommend taking magnesium as well to prevent constipation. Make sure you do not exceed 2.500 mg of calcium daily.

Vitamin D

Optimal calcium absorption requires sufficient amounts of vitamin D. This vitamin also helps with bone density maintenance, muscle strength and normal bone growth. If you are not consuming enough vitamin D, you are increasing your risk of bone fracture. For anti aging benefits, experts suggest taking 700 IU of this vitamin everyday.

Vitamin C

Our skin takes the most beating when it comes to sun exposure and wear and tear. Pollution, radiation and cigarette smoke are all considered as free radicals and they can also wreak havoc on the skin. To counteract the damage, you need to take vitamin C. This vitamin is an antioxidant that helps regenerate other antioxidants in the body such as vitamin E. Vitamin C contains cancer-preventing properties and newer studies are trying to prove that it helps prevent cardiovascular diseases as well.

Vitamin E

Vitamin E is another antioxidant that can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. It can also help improve the immune system and assist in the expression of your genes. Aside from that, this vitamin can also help prevent heart disease, improve brain function, repair scars, prevent cancerous cells from forming, lower blood pressure and prevent varicose veins.

Click here to get Juicing For Health

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *