It can feel a bit intimidating to hear about other people’s detoxification efforts. Perhaps you know of people who have paid large sums of money, and spent weeks in detox “camps” where their diets are strictly regulated. Maybe you know of people who have received enemas, have felt terribly ill, or otherwise have had to take large amounts of time out of their lives to detox.
Most of us cannot just stop our lives in order to do a hard-core detox.
If you want to detoxify while still getting on with your life, here are some gentle but effective methods:
1. Raw Vegetables and Fruits
In this kind of detox, you simply eat only raw fruits and vegetables for two or three days, and drink only water, herbal teas, or diluted fruit juice. All foods consumed in this detox diet need to be organic. Much of the principle behind this type of detoxification is to reduce the intake of toxins, as well as flushing them from the system.
Many proponents of detoxification claim that meditation helps cleanse the mind and body. Because meditation relaxes the body and brings focus, it makes sense that it would be a healthy means of personal cleansing. Some practitioners of meditation use visualization and energy channeling to move toxins out of the body. Meditation can easily be worked into your schedule, by being performed every day or just a couple of times a week.
3. Smoothie Detox
This can be a very tasty, creative detox! As long as the ingredients are fresh and organic and based on fruits and vegetables, you can mix all sorts of smoothies for your daily meals.
Some foods to consider in your smoothies are: kale, broccoli, spinach, apples (unpeeled), berries, citrus fruits, pears, peaches, and so forth.
Another advantage of the smoothie detox is that you can add any supplements you want to take, such as probiotics or fiber, to the smoothie ingredients before mixing them in the blender.
4. Overall Lifestyle
Instead of a temporary detox diet, you can simply make lifestyle changes to detoxify your body and keep it that way.
Some ways to do that include:
- Switch to organic, whole, fresh foods rather than conventionally grown, processed, or prepackaged foods.
- Exercise regularly – it keeps things moving in the body, and induces sweating, another form of detox your body naturally employs.
- Use only natural, toxin-free cleaners to clean your home.
- Use only natural, toxin-free soaps, shampoos, deodorants, and styling products.
- Eat meat only a couple of times a week, and switch to organic, grass-fed, free-range meats.
- Cut back on dairy products and eat only organic products.
- Reduce your refined sugar intake and, when you do need a sweetener, consider raw, unfiltered honey, maple syrup, or the calorie-free herb, stevia.
- Drink plenty of water.
Above, you have been provided with several simple ideas on how to incorporate detoxification into your life. Doing so, can result in a life filled with increased health and wellness.
If you’d like a more comprehensive yet simple system for a full body detoxification process, check this out: